Further reports about fire breaking out at sibilo shopping centre in postmansburg

A massive fire is reported to have broken out in the early hours yesterday in shoprite at the sibilo shopping centre in Postmansburg. According to a report on social media the fire which was already burning at 02:00am this morning, threatened nearby shops, and was difficult to douse as it mainly burnt in the roofing area. According to an update provided it is said that it took emergency personnel more than 18 hours to effectively douse the fire, which destroyed much of the roof and parts of the storeroom. Community members hinted that the fire might have been started by homeless kids that normally sleeps around the receiving bay, but police are still investigating the circumstances that led to the unfortunate incident while police spokesperson, Sergeant Timothy Sam says that no arrests have been made at this stage. The police are further urging Anyone with information that could assist the investigation of this case can contact the saps in Postmansburg .

Journalist: Mbali Masiza
Email: mbalimasiza198@gmail.com

Social Media