The case against the suspect in the murder case, following a shooting incident in the Upington CBD last week has been postponed to 18 January 2024 for further investigation. The 58-year-old Hassan Hajat appeared in the Upington magistrates court yesterday. NPA spokesperson in the province Mojalefa Senokoatsane says the suspect was granted bail of R3500 on conditions that he does not contact state witnesses, attend every court date and does not commit schedule 1 offences. Police spokesperson sergeant Omphile Masegela said the incident occurred at around nine o’clock in the evening of Thursday, the 2nd of November 2023. Masegela said upon arrival of the police at the scene, they discovered the lifeless body of a man in the driver's seat of a silver Toyota Corolla with a gunshot wound to his face. She stated that the deceased was shot during an alleged robbery.
Journalist: Tsosangkgotla Mararang